January 17th, 1949 ~ November 16th, 2009

~ IN LOVING MEMORY ~
May Your Spirit Remain in Our Hearts Forever

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

'In Memory' - love Melissa

This was featured on the back of the program for Keith's funeral services, which were held on November 21st, 2009. Thank you to everyone who attended, and everyone who sent their wishes and love.

"I know my father tried to help as many people as he could through his family, friends, and the people he met each day in person and across miles. He did as much as he could to keep a positive, optimistic outlook on everything. He made a lasting impression not only on the family and friends who knew and loved him, but to people miles away around the world who never heard more than his voice. He was a giant of a man in heart and spirit...one whose presence--even across long distances--could be felt by everyone. As corny as it might sound, he's been a hero to me...and I know I'm not the only one that sees him in that light.

"To those who never had a chance to meet him in person, my heart goes out to you. He was an amazing person. Know that he sent his love to all of you every day he lived on this earth, and also now in spirit.

"I only hope that we can all help his legacy live on...his kindness, his tender touch, his warm hugs and big smiles, his quick wit and gentle voice, his love for adventure and laughter, his patience, his optimism, his natural ability to see good in everyone and everything, and his stubborness in working hard to achieve his goals--and in helping others achieve theirs. I know I am not the only one who will miss him.

"You will be with me dad, for all eternity in my heart and spirit...and in everyone that you touched. I love you THIS MUCH!"

-Melissa Jenkins (Smith), Keith's daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment